Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009

Happy healthy New Year to everyone!

We had a pretty quiet New Year's Eve. Originally we had planned to go downtown for Anchorage's celebration (theme - Fire and Ice), but it was -15 F, so we decided not to go. I was kind of bummed out, but it was way too cold. At work yesterday a lot of my co-workers were talking about their plans, and a lot of us had planned to go downtown, but everyone agreed it was not going to be fun. I had brought it up, kind of hoping they would have advice on keeping warm, and they did. "Stay home" was basically their advice. Judging from the pictures in the paper today, most people took that advice.
The reason this kind of bummed me out was that I was really looking forward to fireworks. We had them on the 4th of July, but they were kind of lame. It doesn't really get dark at that time of year, so they were kind of lackluster. Up here, winter is the time for good fireworks. And I LOVE fireworks. Love them to pieces, so I was really looking forward to some decorative explosives. However, not willing to lose extremeties for them. Oh well. Maybe there will be some at Fur Rondy!

No comments: