Saturday, January 17, 2009

Weathergirl Aboveground Update

Well, the weather continues to be weirdly warm. Right now it is 47 F, which is 34 degrees warmer than Allentown Pa, and only 8 degrees cooler than Florida, where members of my family (who enjoy taunting me about the weather) live. They can still taunt me about how there are no Rita's Ice Cream stands up here, however. :)
Anyway, this has caused vehicular havoc. The side roads are mainly ice with water running over them. Tragically, the FREEZE art in the park melted before I could go look at it again. However, I think I will get another crack at it next year - it was generally well received. I still don't know about the ice heads on poles, though.

3 comments:

Feathers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Feathers said...

Hi there!
I've been a fan of your food blog for some time now, and just discovered this blog as well, and I thought it was high time I actually said hello. Hello! =)

I'm from here(Anchorage) and Stephen, my husband, bless his pea-picking little heart, is from southeast Missouri. ^^ He has family in Florida that are emailing us about the weather, too!!
So your post sounded very familiar. =D

One last thing.. I wanted to ask, have you heard of Mort's Frozen Custard? I know in the Lower 48 they have "Ted Drewes" frozen custard.. Mort's is Anchorage's answer to Ted Drewes! =D

Couldn't remember if I've ever seen you post about Mort's, so if you have, forgive the forgetfulness. =) Mort's is in the little family-owned Shell gas station on Northern Lights Blvd at Minnesota (across from Carrs). My husband LOVES it.
I'd love to hear your and Mr. EA's epicurean take on it sometime.! ^^


edit: I apologize for posting about the eatery here instead of on the EA blog..

Art and Jane said...

Hello Feathers! Thank you so much for your kind comments! I'm always so thrilled to know someone's reading these things other than my parents. :) I am also glad to know other people's families hassle them about the cold too. But it's all in fun, and of course we can tease them about their sweltering heat in the summer.
I have not heard of Mort's, but it sounds great! We will try it without delay and post on in. We are very new here, so welcome any suggestions. If you think of anything else, let me know! Take care and stay warm!