Friday, September 19, 2008

Alaskan Sights

Fall is falling here in Anchorage! Besides the leaves starting to turn, there is also snow on the peaks of the mountains. I took this picture on our way home from work (we carpool - Art was driving) attempting to show the mountains with the beautiful colors going up the slopes and the snow on the peaks. It was a little cloudy, but you get the idea.


We are told there are about two weeks of autumn, so this will be the weekend to catch the foliage. Of course, there is always next year if we miss it. ;)





Another cool sight we caught earlier this week...



The black thing in that driveway is a bear! I was on my way to a gathering of work-friends, and this guy just sort of trotted past - Art managed to get the camera on and snap this picture. When I got to the party, I told my hostess - who lives on this block - and she just shrugged and said "Oh, yes, he runs through the yard all the time."

Well, I thought it was exciting.


No comments: