Monday, September 29, 2008

Wild Life



The last couple of days have been really low-key. We spent most of the weekend in and working on the apartment. Friday afternoon at work something neat happened...


My boss, who sits next to the window of our office, said "Moose!" I grabbed the camera out of my purse, where it permanently lives now, and got this picture. The moose was in fact two of them - a mother and a youngster.


After a while they crossed the road and went into the yard of the building next to ours. Since there is a chain link fence, it was safe enough for me to go outside for a minute or two to snap a few pictures!

They are not graceful animals, but rather are appealing like cows are appealing - big doofy animals famous for tangling their antlers up in children's swingsets and so on. Still, it was pretty neat to see them just wandering around.

Saturday we went back out to Potter's Marsh, as I had heard reports that trumpeter swans are passing through. There weren't any there when we went, but it was a nice walk on the boardwalks anyway. So that's about as exciting as it got this weekend.

Also, for those who felt disenfranchised, the favorite season poll is back up! Vote now - don't lose your voice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful with the moose! I have a picture of my Mom and mother in law out in the snow in their nightgowns next to a moose. I was scared the entire time they were out there, I didn't want anyone getting trampled. They are interesting to watch, some were drinking water out of the back of RJ's powerwheel dump truck once, I got photos of that as well, but it was through the screen door, so they're not all that great.

Art and Jane said...

Hi Amie!
Oh, I will be careful. I have heard too many cautionary tales to do otherwise. I can't believe your mom and mom-in-law went near one! I'd like to see the one drinking out of RJ's truck...that's so funny! Thanks for the pictures of your jaunt with the puppies - great pictures as always.