Monday, December 8, 2008

Not much doing...

As the title implies, nothing much exciting doing. So here are some brief updates on common topics for this blog:
  • Daylight - fading fast! The sun rose this morning at 10 am and set at 3:44. We are getting close to the shortest day of the year (December 21, for those of you playing along at home).
  • A few distant moose sightings, but no bear as they are mostly hibernating.
  • Having a heat wave! It got slightly above the freezing mark several days in the past week or so!
  • Seasonal shift in Anchorage Daily News common headlines (Of earlier post fame - News of the New!). Alaska Politician in Trouble is still quite popular. However, Animal Atrocity has switched to Avalanch Disaster, and Man Catches Big Fish has changed to Heartwarming Tale of Adversity Overcome. I look forward to the coming of warmer weather to see if they change back again. I bet they will.
  • Christmas is coming. Our cards, of earlier post fame, are all sent out. Our gifts are all bought, and with a few exceptions, shipped out. What decorating we're doing (not much) is done. So it's all over except the panicky last minute gifts that will need to be bought after people with whom I have previously agreed not to exchange gifts suddenly show up with something, saying "Oh, I saw it and it's just you! I had to!" At that point, there's nothing you can do except try to keep the horror off your face and say something like "Oh, I left yours at home!" Damn you, agreement breaking gift givers, damn you!

Other than that, I am buried in geekery. I just bought a recipe management program (I know! But I have a lot of recipes. A lot. And they need more management than I can bring them manually.) About which, more in a later post. Also, just ordered a digital scrapbooking program that I am eager to start using. Of course it will need to show up first, but I am pretty excited at the possibilities. So there will be exciting news about that later, too.

I know. I can't wait either!

No comments: