Thursday, May 15, 2008

Alaska Art Checking in,

Today is exactly one week since I walked out of our house in PA, never to return. It's been 10 days since I last held my Jane. It seems like so long ago. I'm VERY hopeful that she'll be here with me soon. Her job may delay her arrival for up to 3 weeks or she may be here in 9 days. We don't know yet.
I'm moving into our apartment tomorrow. I hope we're happy there but, in reality, it's just temporary until we have some time to check out the Real Estate market. There ARE some very nice places to live in town, we just don't have time right now search, shop and close. Next year at this time, though.......
I had a discussion at work today at about wireless internet and where to get the best wireless routers. So much for all of you who think there's nothing here but whale blubber. Anchorage is very high tech.
The guys at work also told me that minor earthquakes are pretty common here. Nothing damaging, just interesting. I also heard that a nearby (30-40 miles away) volcano gave them a start a few years back. They were covering up all the electronics at night and masks were issued. The locals just laughed it off.
I got a few good leads on used cars today. I'm hoping to have our new car on Saturday.
I just got off the phone with my Jane. What a joy and boost to my morale to hear her confidence and common sense. This move is huge and scarey until I talk to her, then my fears abate. I still have this little guy in the back of my head, though, saying "flee", "go home", "what have you done". But he's an idiot and we're ignoring him.

No comments: