Sunday, May 18, 2008

Jane again

Art's going to be offline for a few days. He's in our new apartment and won't have reliable internet access for a few day. He had an incredibly productive couple of days - got into the apartment, got a car (but can't pick it up yet - has to get block heater installed). Started to get car insurance, but ran into a Catch-22 situation where he can't get insurance until they have a VIN #, and can't pick up the car until he has insurance...

I, on the other hand, have made great progress in handling little nit-picky aspects of the move. I started going through our stuff on the smaller scale and with a more critical eye. Went through my craft stuff and separated out the things I will actually use from the things that are kind of neat but which I haven't done anything with in the past 10 years and so am unlikely to need now. That kind of sorting is great for this weekend, as it is rainy and quiet. Also making a third pass through my books, of which I suddenly realize I have an inordinant amount. By these means I have saved us shipping out maybe a hundred pounds or so, not an inconsiderably saving considering the shipping rates.

Got Art to describe the town of Anchorage for me yesterday after he got back to our new house. It sound beautiful, and I can't wait to get there!

Got a few nibbles of interest on my car, but nothing solid. I will need it right up until the end of this coming week, and then need to get rid of it within the next couple of days. Anyone interested in an interestingly colored Kia Rio?

No comments: