Monday, May 26, 2008

Setting up a home

Art in AK, here. It just amazes me how much stuff you need to get just to set up a basic semblence of a home. Today I went shopping, again! It was another trip that required several passes from trunk to apartment to get all the stuff in. Let's see if I can make a partial list; Bed, microwave, toaster, coffee-maker, towels, shower-curtain, TV, VCR-DVD, Laptop, tray, chairs, laundry-basket, mop, dustpan, trash cans, lamp, hangers, basic medicines, pots and pans, utensils, bowls, cups, telephone/answering machine, pillows, sheets, blanket. whew! Guys, appreciate your mom's & wives who do all this without thanks and make it look easy.
However, I have it easy compared to Jane. She's in the last run-up before the movers arrive. There are just hours left for her to get ready. Then there's the move itself. (It's a stress to image strangers will have control over your stuff for the next 4-6 weeks) Then, She's got the all-day air-flight ordeal. I did it already but her's is longer, being a different airline.
Still, I can't wait to see her. Only 52 hours till she's here! Soon we'll be typing our blog side-by-side.

No comments: