Thursday, May 15, 2008

Jane again...

So much to do! I got a few more rooms cleaned and a little more stuff organized...and then looked at everything else there is to do. The movers will be here in about a week, so whatever isn't cleared out by then is going. I'm looking forward to the next couple of weeks being over and done with and getting to Alaska to be with Art. Right now it's all about the elaborate flowcharts...first this has to happen, then that can happen, which in turn will allow this other thing to take place...unless this possibility takes place, in which case...

This is trivial, but my preoccupation now is with the two levels of packing that need to happen. Immediate needs stuff gets thrown in a couple of suitcases and comes with me on a plane. Everything else goes on the boat. So of the things that we are keeping and not getting rid of, I find myself standing there looking at some random object, silently questioning its value. Sure, I think, I'll need a pair of shoes. Just one? Why not? On the other hand, maybe 2? Why any? Surely there are shoes in Alaska. But do I want to spend good money on something I already have some of? But what will they cost to ship? At some point I just have to open a beer and put on some music and just put stuff in boxes. There is such a thing, I'm finding, as thinking too much.

No comments: