Sunday, May 25, 2008

Jane here...

It's Sunday in Pa. I'm on a final push getting ready for the movers, so I have a lot to do, but yet not that much. I still have to sort through some things and get rid of a bunch of stuff. It's only when you go to move that you realize how much stuff you accumulate, without even meaning to.
In going through the cooking utensils, I realized that wait, yes, I DO have some heirloom devices. Specifically, I have a potato masher and a pastry cutter from my grandmother. They're light, so they can stay. ;) Everything else goes, though. Or almost everything. I find myself clinging to the oddest little things. Then I think - I got rid of our sofa. I got rid of half of my books MY TERRY PRATCHETT BOOKS ARE GONE! Surely I can keep this garlic roaster. Yes, it's light. It's coming with us.

But most of the big hurdles are gone. Both our cars are sold and gone. All the big items of furniture that we're getting rid of are gone to relatives or neighbors or charity. If everything continues on as it needs to, I will be with Art soon - I can't wait! This long weekend is lonely without him, but I've got lots to do while I wait. As he says, we are talking a lot, like hours a day, which helps.

No comments: