Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Art here,
Jane & I were just talking on the phone. I miss her so much that just hearing her voice is like gold. I'm not a real emotional guy but I'll tell you, I cried.
The good news toaday is that We've got us an appartment! I move in Friday & we will have an actual address in Alaska. This is the very important first step, until which not much else can happen. Now I can buy a car, get a PO box, get bank accounts and begin to aquire permanent stuff, like pots, pans, a microwave, a coffee-maker......... a bed!
So, I'm going to real busy in the next few days. Saturday I'm going car shopping, getting us a bank and a PO Box.
I'm going to try out a new church on Sunday. I'm trying to find one just like my old one in PA. I'm confident The Lord will lead me to a good place.
Work is going well. I'm learning alot and getting along with everyone. I think this job is going to make me better at what I do. I thank God for the opportunity.
Everyone, so far in AK, is very polite. Even the driving. There's alot of traffic sometimes but the 'road-jerks' we're so accustomed to in PA are not here. It's a welcome change. The atmosphere is also,.......slower, more layed-back. In the Northeast, we're all 'go-go-GO!', 'get out of my way', 'hurry'!!!! But here it's calmer and less hectic. We may have some trouble adjusting to that. Suddenly, the jerk on the road is me. LOL
I was going to start blogging in my journal, but I'm re-reading it tonight and seeing that it's mostly personal and is mostly me whinging & whinning about how much I miss my Jane, and about how much I need to do. (The word 'overwhelming' appears in there alot). So I won't go there. I'll just keep to my impressions of AK vs. PA.
I really think we're going to be happy here. It's beautiful country with nice folks in it. I'm really looking forward to sharing the adventure with Jane! The transition/separation period will soon be behind us. Then the real adventure begins.

No comments: